Pilates in Holland is located at 11595 Lakewood Blvd, Suite 130 on the north side of Holland, approximately 1 mile east of Highway 31. Our warm and inviting studio is in the same building as Eastern Floral, on the west side of the building. Parking is readily available for all clients of the building.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Pilates+in+Hollandemail@example.com,-86.1380199,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x881992cf4bef3525:0x90b625c5fcc825a!2m2!1d-86.06798!2d42.805241″ text=”Get Directions” color_override=””]
What should I wear?
Whatever you are comfortable moving in. Many wear leggings, long sleeves, or tanks, but truly what feels best. If you tend to get warm, maybe layer. We wear socks in the studio for classes. There are sticky socks (not required, but wonderful) available for purchase for $14 if you would like some.
Nope! Mats, towels, and water are provided. Any small equipment we use is also all here for you. There is a place to change if that is needed as well.
Mat classes are limited to 14, while PHIIT and flow classes are limited to 10. Reformer classes are limited to 5.
For your safety, we will be taking the following steps:
- Staff Temp Checks. All staff will have their temperature checked upon arrival at the studio, and no one with a fever allowed in.
- Hand Cleaning. We will have hand sanitizer and soap available for all clients and staff to use upon entering the studio and using the restroom.
- Better traffic flow. We have put more time between sessions to allow for clients to leave before the next arrives. This also allows for more time to sanitize between classes.
- Enhanced cleaning. All doors & handles, faucets, switches, sinks, counters, toilets, equipment, and cleaning bottles will be wiped with disinfectant between sessions. The floors and shelving will be cleaned nightly.
- Hand washing, masks, and distancing. Staff will wash hands thoroughly between sessions and wear masks the entire time they are in the studio. They will also maintain a 6-foot distance from clients.
In addition, all clients will be required to wear face masks and socks, as well as all clients bringing their own straps for use on the reformers and Cadillac.
Please prepare a”pilates bag” to bring to each class. Your bag should include:
- Your face mask. Please bring a mask to wear during working out. It needs to cover your nose and mouth.
- Socks. We will continue to ask everyone to wear socks during class. We also have a whole new stock if you want to freshen up with a new pair.
- A water bottle. We will no longer have the communal water dispenser, but the sink is available to refill your personal bottle.
- Your loops. They should be washed at home after each session and brought back to the studio for class. (These are not needed for mat classes.)
At Pilates in Holland, we meet every client where they are, from beginner to advanced. Every exercise can be modified to suit your particular needs. It is important that you tell your instructor of any injuries or conditions that will affect your workout. Never try to power through or look like your neighbor! We love when our clients know what is best for their body and do what feels good.
What if I’m injured?
If you have a concern, always check with your doctor before beginning any form of exercise. Then make sure your instructor is up to date on your conditions and needs. Everything can be modified!
What if I’m pregnant?
Congratulations Momma! We’re excited to celebrate with you and keep you strong and healthy throughout your pregnancy. Just let your instructor know how far along you are and if there are any achy or problem areas you are concerned about.
What if I can’t….
Pilates is for EVERY body, and we mean it! Every person comes with a different set of physical abilities, and sometimes they even change day to day. But we are a community of movers and can help you move in the ways that are best for your body. Just let us know your limitations or expectations and we will work with you.
We LOVE Pilates (obviously!) and can go on and on about the benefits. Here’s a short list:
- Better posture and better balance
- Increased body awareness
- Lengthens and strengthens muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Less back pain with a stronger core
- Better muscle control and performance in other workouts
- Balanced muscular strength on both sides of your body
- Exercises are done with your own body weight, or with equipment that can serve to make exercises more achievable or more advanced
- It is easy on joints
For more comprehensive explanation of benefits, check out these informative websites:
Yes! Though it’s true we don’t have as many male clients as we do female clients, men benefit from Pilates just as much as women.
We do our best to keep the Pilates in Holland studio clean and healthy (it’s a point of pride!). This includes cleaning all equipment after each class and instructors staying home if they are sick. We ask that you also stay home if you are sick.
What is your cancellation policy?
Classes can be cancelled through the WellnessLiving app or by contacting your instructor. Classes that are cancelled more than 2 hours before class time may be made up at a later date.
For more information about our response to COVID-19, check out our health page.
Your PIH Account
Pilates in Holland uses WellnessLiving for online class scheduling and account management. You can log in at any time to update your profile, see your upcoming classes, make cancellations or changes, or sign-up for a new class.
Active clients can log-in by clicking the “Log In” button in the navigation bar.
To update your profile information, sign-up for classes, or check the status of your remaining classes, log-in to WellnessLiving through the LogIn button on the navigation bar.
Your privacy and security are important to us. We at Pilates in Holland will never share or sell your information.
WellnessLiving uses robust security measures to protect Data about WellnessLiving subscribers, clients and visitors. They follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted, both during transmission and once it is received.
For more detailed information, check out the WellnessLiving website here.