MARCH 13, 2020
Our Commitment to Your Health During COVID-19 and Always
With COVID-19 (coronavirus) all over the news, it’s at the top of everyone’s mind. It’s important for all of us to consider our health and the health of our community more consciously.
Keeping our studio clean and healthy has always been a point of pride at Pilates in Holland, and that isn’t changing. We are continuing our regular cleaning practices and adding some in keeping with the guidelines set out by the Ottawa County Department of Public Health, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Our classes are small and extremely clean and everyone moves in their own space, so we will continue to operate with regular hours and will communicate any changes as they happen.
Here are the steps we will continue taking:
- All instructors and clients will be asked to wash their hands before and after class (hand sanitizer and soap & water are available).
- All equipment is cleaned after each class it is used in.
- We deep clean the mats several times a week even though folks clean them after each use.
- We disinfect door handles, faucets, the toilet, water cooler, and light switches between each class.
- We take towels home to launder them.
- We mop and disinfect the floor daily.
- Instructors stay home if they are sick.
We ask that you also stay home if you are sick; if you feel sick or are in contact with someone who is sick 12 hours before the start of class time, please cancel.
- Classes can be canceled through the WellnessLiving app or by contacting your instructor.
- Classes that are canceled more than 2 hours before class time may be made up at a later date (even after this session ends).
- Also, remember to wash your hands (for at least 20 seconds) frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, if soap and warm water are not available.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (computers, keyboards, desks, etc.).
So all this is to say…..at Pilates in Holland before, during, and after the virus, we will continue to keep the studio a clean and beautiful place for you to be.
Mandy & the PIH Staff